Welcome to the KC Roos Exchange

Connect and work with athletes from
University of Missouri - Kansas City
Register Now

What is the  Kansas City Athletics Local Exchange?

The KC Roos Exchange is a student-athlete NIL business registry, custom-designed for businesses, donors, alumni, and any other interested NIL dollars wishing to connect with student-athletes. Registered businesses can search, filter and initiate conversations with your student-athletes to discuss an NIL deal. Once the NIL deal between a registered business and your student-athlete is completed, the business will use the KC Roo Exchange to create a transaction that will produce a direct payment to the student-athlete and automate a disclosure to the INFLCR Verified Compliance Ledger. The institution does not have to get involved in the deal, and all transactions within the local exchange are consolidated into one 1099 at the end of the year for easier tax reporting purposes for registered businesses and athletes.


What is Name, Image & Likeness?

As of July 1, 2021, student-athletes competing in NCAA intercollegiate athletics are permitted to receive compensation for the use of their name, image, or likeness (NIL) for commercial activities, including endorsements through traditional and social media, appearances, entrepreneurial activities, in-kind deals, autographs and more, in accordance with NCAA guidelines and Kansas City Athletics and University NIL protocols.

Does the state of Missouri have an NIL Policy?

Yes, Missouri's NIL policy is covered in HB 297 and SB 718.

Can a University employee or coach help arrange a deal for an athlete?

No. University employees, including coaches and members of the athletics department, CANNOT negotiate deals or contracts. However, they can direct student-athletes to NIL-related opportunities on the KC Roo Exchange.

Does the school or INFLCR take any revenue from NIL transactions in the Local Exchange?


Do you have to be an official university licensee to register?

No, but businesses will not be permitted to use university marks without written consent of Deputy Athletic Director for External Relations Curt Jacey. Contact at jaceyc@umkc.edu. If your NIL activity involves merchandise or apparel, you must first become an official licensee through Learfield Licensing, the official licensing partner of UMKC and Kansas City Athletics. You may apply for licensing here.

Who approves your request to register?

Typically, compliance officers designated by the institution. If you have any questions about your approval, contact Randy Krahulik at krahulikr@umkc.edu.

How will I know when I am approved?

You should receive an email from the institution verifying your approval. We don’t have specific numbers for how long it will take to get verified. Each institution works differently. 

When can I start contacting athletes and processing payments?

After being approved by the school, you will be able to contact athletes and process payments.

Additional Resources

NIL Overview Link

NIL Policy Link

Licensing Link

NCAA Policy

State Law - HB 297 | SB 718