Welcome to the VICTORS Exchange

Connect and work with athletes from
University of Michigan
Register Now

What is the VICTORS Local Exchange?
The University of Michigan's VICTORS Exchange is a student-athlete NIL business registry, custom-designed for businesses, donors, alumni, and any other interested NIL dollars wishing to connect specifically with student-athletes at the University of Michigan. Registered businesses can search, filter, and initiate conversations with your student-athletes to discuss an NIL deal. Once the NIL deal between a registered business and student-athlete(s) is completed, the business will use the VICTORS Exchange to create a transaction that will produce a direct payment to the student-athlete (without any transaction fee) and automate a disclosure to the INFLCR Verified Compliance Ledger. The institution does not have to get involved in the deal, and all transactions within the exchange are consolidated into the compliance ledger for the school's review. 1099-K's are also sent to the student-athletes who meet the IRS threshold for third party payment reporting requirements.


What is Name, Image & Likeness?
As of July 1, 2021, student-athletes competing in NCAA intercollegiate athletics are permitted to receive compensation for the use of their name, image or likeness (NIL) for commercial activities, including endorsements through traditional and social media, appearances, entrepreneurial activities, in-kind deals, autographs and more, in accordance with NCAA guidelines and Michigan NIL protocols.

Does the state of Michigan have an NIL Policy?
Yes, Michigan House Bill 5217

Does the University of Michigan have an NIL Policy?
Yes, Name, Image and Likeness at the University of Michigan  

Can a University employee or coach help arrange a deal for an athlete?
No. University employees, including coaches and members of the athletics department, CANNOT negotiate deals or contracts. However, they can direct student-athletes to NIL related opportunities on the "VICTORS Exchange."  

Does the school or INFLCR take any revenue from NIL transactions in the Local Exchange?

Do you have to be an official university licensee to register?
No, but businesses will not be permitted to use university marks without U-M’s Trademarks & Licensing office approval. All requests will be considered on an individual basis and may not be approved. U-M will not consider requests from companies that are direct competitors of our current sponsors. 

Who approves your request to register?
Michigan's NIL Working Group considers all requests. If you have any questions about your approval, contact the institution at NILReview@umich.edu.

How will I know when I am approved?
You should receive an email from the institution verifying your approval. There is no timeline for verification approval as all inquiries are handled individually. 

When can I start contacting athletes and processing payments?
After being approved by the school, you will be able to contact athletes and process payments in January 2022.   

Who can I speak with about additional questions?
Questions and inquiries can be directed to Kurt Svoboda, Associate Athletic Director for External Communications and Public Relations, at kurtks@umich.edu.

Additional Resources

NIL Policy

Michigan Sports Properties | LEARFIELD

Trademark & Licensing

Michigan House Bill 5217