Welcome to the Bearcats Exchange

Connect and work with athletes from
University of Cincinnati
Register Now

What is the University of Cincinnati Local Exchange?

The Bearcats Exchange is a student-athlete NIL business registry, custom-designed for businesses, donors, alumni, and any other interested NIL dollars wishing to connect with student-athletes. Registered businesses can search, filter and initiate conversations with your student-athletes to discuss an NIL deal. Once the NIL deal between a registered business and your student-athlete is completed, the business will use the Bearcats Exchange to create a transaction that will produce a direct payment to the student-athlete and automate a disclosure to the INFLCR Verified Compliance Ledger. The institution does not have to get involved in the deal, and all transactions within the exchange are consolidated into the compliance ledger for the school's review. 1099-K's are also sent to the student-athletes who meet the IRS threshold for third party payment reporting requirements.

Key Contacts

Marks, Logo Uniform and Color Combination Rights: Martin.Ludwig@uc.edu

Video Rights: licensing@catapultsports.com

Deal Disclosure: Trever.Wright@uc.edu

UC Athletics Facilities - Rental Agreements, Waivers: Andre.Seoldo@uc.edu

Bearcats Athletics Multimedia Rights Agreements: John.Mason@BearcatsSportsProperties.com

Retail Product Info/Licensing Agreements: The Collegiate Licensing Company: 770-956-0520

Student-Athlete Content Delivery: Spencer.Tuckerman@uc.edu

UC NIL Administration: nil@uc.edu


What is Name, Image & Likeness?

As of July 1, 2021, student-athletes competing in NCAA intercollegiate athletics are permitted to receive compensation for the use of their name, image or likeness (NIL) for commercial activities, including endorsements through traditional and social media, appearances, entrepreneurial activities, in-kind deals, autographs and more, in accordance with NCAA guidelines and University of Cincinnati NIL protocols.  

Does the state of Ohio have an NIL Policy?

Ohio Executive Order 2021-10D

Does the school or INFLCR take any revenue from NIL transactions in the Local Exchange?


Do you have to be an official university licensee to register?

No, but businesses will not be permitted to use university marks without approval from UC Trademarks & Licensing.

A student-athlete shall not enter into a contract providing compensation to the student-athlete for use of the student-athlete's name, image, or likeness that requires the student-athlete to display a sponsor's product, or otherwise advertise for a sponsor, during official team activities or any other time if that requirement is in conflict with a provision of a contract to which a state institution of higher education or private college is a party.

Who approves your request to register?

Typically, compliance officers designated by the institution. If you have any questions about your approval, contact Trever Wright at Trever.Wright@uc.edu

How will I know when I am approved?

You should receive an email from the institution verifying your approval. We don’t have specific numbers for how long it will take to get verified. Each institution works differently. 

When can I start contacting athletes and processing payments?

After being approved by the school, you will be able to contact athletes and process payments.

Additional Resources


Bearcats Sports Properties

UC Licensing

Ohio Executive Order 2021-10D.