Welcome to the On Point Exchange

Connect and work with student-athletes from
High Point University
Request Access

What is the On Point Exchange?

The On Point Exchange is a student-athlete NIL business registry, custom-designed for businesses, donors, alumni, and any other interested NIL dollars wishing to connect with student-athletes. Registered businesses can search, filter and initiate conversations with your student-athletes to discuss an NIL deal. Once the NIL deal between a registered business and your student-athlete is completed, the business will use the On Point Exchange to create a transaction that will produce a direct payment to the student-athlete and automate a disclosure to the INFLCR Verified Compliance Ledger. The institution does not have to get involved in the deal and all transactions within the local exchange are consolidated into one 1099 at the end of the year for easier tax reporting purposes for registered businesses and athletes.



What is Name, Image & Likeness?

As of July 1, 2021, student-athletes competing in NCAA intercollegiate athletics are permitted to receive compensation for the use of their name, image or likeness (NIL) for commercial activities, including endorsements through traditional and social media, appearances, entrepreneurial activities, in-kind deals, autographs and more, in accordance with NCAA guidelines and High Point University NIL protocols.

Does the state of North Carolina have an NIL Policy?

Yes, on July 21, 2001, Governor Roy Cooper signed Executive Order 223 allowing intercollegiate student-athletes the ability to earn compensation via their use of NIL.  The link is below https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/EO223-07022021-NIL.pdf.   

Can a University employee or coach help arrange a deal for an athlete?

No. University employees, including coaches and members of the athletics department, CANNOT negotiate deals or contracts. However, they can direct student athletes to NIL related opportunities on the On Point Exchange.

Does the school or INFLCR take any revenue from NIL transactions in the Local Exchange?


Do you have to be an official university licensee to register?

No, but businesses will not be permitted to use university marks without prior approval from Affinity Licensing.  Information and licensing agreements pertaining to retail products can be sourced through Affinity Licensing Company, which may include a percentage of royalties being paid to HPU for the use of an institutional mark.    

Who approves your request to register?

Typically, the compliance office approves requests to register.  If you have any questions about your approval, contact the HPU Compliance Office at dsanchez@highpoint.edu.  

How will I know when I am approved?

You should receive an email from the institution verifying your approval. We don’t have specific numbers for how long it will take to get verified. Each institution works differently.   

When can I start contacting athletes and processing payments?

After being approved by the school, you will be able to contact athletes and process payments in April 2022. 


Additional Resources

NIL Policy Link

Licensing Link


State Law